Saturday, December 19, 2009

A visit from Rosie

....Roseola, that is :(

And let me tell ya, the last 5 days at our house have been a BLAST (to be read with sarcasm).

As scary as it looks and sounds, this rash is actually the upswing of the illness and Audrey is on her way to feeling better, Praise God!

Roseola is a very common infant virus, which starts with a high fever for a few days, then once the fever breaks, this tell-tale rash appears. Audrey has it all over her trunk and face, as well as a bit on her arms and legs.

Now, I love my daughter. But, holding her for 5 straight days and sleeping with her on the couch for naps and bedtime is getting a little old. I miss my old Audrey who made us laugh and got into everything! We ALL miss our silly Audrey-girl! I think she'll be back soon. The rash only lasts a couple days and she's not contagious....just really, really, really grouchy!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh poor Audrey....and Mommy! I hope she is feeling better!