Saturday, April 4, 2009

Mommy Confession

I took Ethan to our community Easter Egg Hunt today....

He wanted to crack open some eggs on the way home....

First egg--a ring
Second egg--a top
Third egg--??? Contents went flying out

So, we get home and I'm carrying Audrey into the house in her car seat. I spot something yummy under her hand--the missing egg contents, Smarties! I know these are Ethan's favorites, but he won't miss them. He's surely long forgotten about the missing prize, and I'm starving for lunch by this point, so I quickly eat them on my way to get the mail. Next words out of Ethan's mouth---"I just can't find that prize! I've been looking under all the seats and all over the car!"

I felt so guilty, esp. since he had JUST sweetly given me his rings. I grabbed some Nerds from our leftover candy stash, placed them under Audrey's hand, and sent Ethan searching. Luckily, he was thrilled and wasn't at all suspicious about how such a big box could fit in such a small egg ;)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Haaa. Nice save. ;>

I did this at Valentine's Day. Brian was on a work trip, but had purchased two boxes of Sweethearts candies for the kiddos ... "from Daddy." Uh huh, I totally ate 'em. BOTH boxes! LOL. I had every intention of buying more before V-Day, but didn't get around to it.

He talked to the kids on V-Day and asked Brenna if she opened her candy from him ... she stared at me kinda funny. I "saved" it by giving her some candy out of her preschool Valentine box. Oops! Mommies get hungry, too!

Sarah said...

Ha! Funny story!!

Brian and I totally ate Zac's halloween candy. Might be the last year we get away with that.

kellbelle96 said...

Too funny!! :)