Thursday, June 10, 2010

Zoo Members

So here's the thing. I truly loathe the fact that I am a blog slacker. The truth is, there's really not that much fun or interesting stuff going on right now. (That's not to say that funny stuff doesn't happen every day; I mean, c'mon, I've got three kids in tow; there's bound to be comedy). When it comes down to the blog, though, I get to the end of the day and just don't have the energy to jump on here and update.

That said, I am SO proud to present pictures of today's zoo trip...TODAY! They uploaded in reverse order, but my fellow blogger friends will understand what a pain it is to rearrange the pics.

After 5 years of zoo outings, we finally decided a zoo membership would be worth the money. If we make just two more trips in a year, we will recoup the membership fee, and most of the fee is tax deductible! Plus, we paid a tad extra to bring a guest, so I can bring a friend along and she is FREE :) :)

We LOVE this zoo. Today we spent most of the afternoon in the kiddie area, where they have a play area, discovery house, petting zoo, lunch tables, and this little stream for the kids to play in. A ZOO with SWIMMING! All three of my babies had so much fun and were tuckered out by the end of the day.

We took over this slide.




Played in the stream












I am crazy about these snack cups. They have a flexible lid that keeps the snacks from spilling out, and also slows the babies down so that a handful of Puffs lasts longer than 30 seconds.

Ethan took one look at this big elephant and declared he was going to climb to the top without any help. I didn't think it was possible, but in the 2 seconds I turned around to get the camera, he had used the tusks and trunk to whip himself up there. My monkey-man!

My baby girls look like such big girls sitting at the table for lunch.


Our membership also includes carousel rides, so of course, we had to throw Norah on there for giggles (are we mean, or what?!). Audrey laughed and laughed; she loved it. On our way out of the zoo, she pointed and ooh-ed and ahhh-ed over it again. Norah was still not a fan.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

FUN!!!! Love the girls' little ruffle-bottoms!!

And count us in as friends who want to come for free! LOL!

Lizze said...

Is that the Dallas Zoo? If so, we are members, too - we should get together some time!

Shannon said...

Wow - that does look like a super cool zoo!

I love, love, love the pic of Ethan with his arms around the girls. SO SWEET!

And you CRACK ME UP w/ the carousel. HAAAA. ('Cuz I would totally stick my kid on there for giggles, too.)