Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Quotes from Ethan

When we're doing a task, like buckling Ethan in his car seat, I usually try to make a game out of it by seeing if he can get it done before I count to a number. If I'm counting to, let's say, 10, and he gets it done by the time I get to, like, 6, I will say, "Oh, that wasn't even close!!" The other day, it wasn't even close and Ethan said, "Wow, that was far!"

Dad: What would you like to pray about tonight?
Ethan: Sadie, Sadie, Sadie, Sadie. God, please don't let Sadie run away and get lost in the woods and get out of a hole in the kennel. Thank you, God. Amen.
(and tonight he prayed for God to find Ollie :( , and he tells me almost everyday, "I miss Ollie, Ollie, Ollie.")

While I was getting ready for church on Sunday, Ethan asked if he could watch cartoons. He turned on the TV, then ran back in the bathroom super excited: "Mom, Mom, Mom, there's a show about cars on!" Cars are not really his thrill (like sprinklers, lawn mowers, fans, and tools in general), so I was pretty surprised about his excitement. He dragged me out there to see this cool show. It was a paid-program for Clay Cooley Dodge, a used car lot. He sat there and commented, "That car is bootiful. That one looks cool. I wish I could have a car like that!"

Ethan begins many factual statements with, "You know..." For example, "You know, fish swim in water. You know, that airplane lands on wheels. You know, if you push that button then water comes out."

"Say, you wanna come along with me?"
I don't know where he got that from, but he uses it quite a bit and I think it's so cute.


"Mom, look what I can do":

No comments: