Monday, March 23, 2009

It's always windy on trash day, and other random things...

It's a beautiful night, and so windy. And it's trash day. So typical. Looking forward to picking up random trash tomorrow.

I found a new station that I was REALLY excited about because they play old-school cartoonies! Smurfs was fun, Flintstones wasn't as great as I remembered, but the best part was watching Ethan giggle at Scooby-Doo.

Ethan wanted a tape recorder, and since I have fond memories of my brown Fisher-Price tape recorder, I was more than happy to oblige. We found one at the Goodwill, but the plastic microphone had caked-in crust, and that was just too gross. I talked Ethan into going with me to another store to find one....which turned into a trip all over town...lugging babies in and out of the car and all around the stores...and we FINALLY found one at Wal- mart (just up the street, of course; I should have listened to Chris in the first place) and it was more money than I wanted to spend, but since we had looked so hard, I bought it. Thirty minutes into our recording fun, it malfunctioned and started burning through the plastic :(

Audrey and Norah are two months old today! Nothing new to report, but we have a doctors appointment tomorrow. Booo....I hear Audrey waking up....I was enjoying my quiet....

Chris had an emergency landing tonight. Something was burning somewhere. I don't have any details, but it involved air masks and fire trucks. Praise God he's safe and on his way home!

We visited a busy park over the weekend, and while all four of us were in the women's room alone (Ethan, the two babies in a stroller, and myself), a man entered. I thought he innocently made a mistake and I said, "Oops, this is the women's room." He started quivering and making weird noises and kind of pushed past us into a stall, where he continued to make noise and act strangely. My heart sank and I couldn't round up Ethan and maneuver the stroller out of there fast enough. It scared the daylights out of me! It turns out, he was mentally ill and his caretakers came looking for him. It made me realize how quickly and unexpectedly something could happen....like that's all I need (anyone who knows me knows that FEAR is my biggest spiritual hang up).

I don't like Starbucks Chai Tea truffles.

My house is quiet :) and almost clean :) :)

I still have to make Ethan's lunch.

Chris is coming home. We survived the weekend without him.

Night time is easier than day time.

I love Jesus.

My spell-check isn't working.

Norah poops way more than Audrey, but Audrey spits way more than Norah. They slept together in the Boppy last night, and I slept with them on the couch. As an experiment, I let them sleep as long as they wanted (almost). We're still supposed to wake them every 3 hours until they weigh 8-9 pounds. After 6 hours, I HAD to wake them to eat...their "breakfast bar" was about to explode, if you know what I mean. I think they loved snuggling.

I should be sleeping.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

omgosh, I love you. lol

Shannon said...

Great post. I love the "randoms." :)

Kami said...

You are so cute! I love all of your posts. I'm waiting for another cute one regarding ethan and his funniness!

Kami

kellbelle96 said...

Love it!! I love all the random things...it shows that you are adapting very well to your hectic new life as a mother of 3 small children ...Congratulations! :):):)