Monday, May 25, 2009

On second thought...

(This will only make sense if you read my previous post from today)

My house--We have one, and it's filled with love.
My kids--Healthy. An answer to much, MUCH prayer. Full of smiles. Lots of hugs. Couldn't ask for better.
My stomach--No stretch marks or flab ;)
My boob--Praise God I've been able to breastfeed my twins for four months so far! We don't have to buy pricey formula. They are getting fed the very best available to them for free!
My email account--It's not the end of the world. Maybe it's time to become "mycollins"....
My microwave--The countdown timer and overhead light still work.
My husband--Where do I begin? Wonderful support. Has a great job. Loves his family. Works hard so I can stay home.
My energy--Has already been renewed.

Funny how giving thanks changes things.

4 comments:

kellbelle96 said...

I've definitely had days like that, and it's amazing how such a small change in the way you look at things can make an absolute difference in your life! :) Great posts!

Shannon said...

Awww. Love both of these posts ... so real, and so true. Life can be "crummy," but we always have so much to be thankful for. Thanks for the reminder to remain focused on thanksgiving!!

Lizze said...

This reminds me of what they said at the women's retreat - the way you look at your circumstances is based on how you view your past. If you are constantly focused on God's faithfulness in your past and present, it changes your view on the circumstances.

Erin Lemish said...

I love you, Michelle - you are such a blessing to me! Thank you for the reminder of the way a "thankful heart" can turn around even the worst of days!