Friday, May 22, 2009

This heartless mom just made her boy cry...

A tiny baby spider was floating in our toilet tonight when Ethan made his final tinkle before bed. He pointed it out to me and I said, "Oh, here goes the spider on the best water slide EVER!" and proceeded to WHOOSH flush that tiny spider down the drain.

I honestly didn't think Ethan would have such an emotional response to my actions.

The next 20 minutes consisted of a little boy holding back his tears and asking many hard to answer questions about that itsy-bitsy spider....
"But where does that water go?".....To the ocean
"But how will it get to shore?"......He'll find a leaf to float on
"But how will he climb onto the leaf?".....Maybe some friends will help him
"But what if he sinks? Spiders can't swim."....Let's pray and ask God to protect that little spider
"But sometimes God says 'Yes' and sometimes God says 'No'. How will we know God says 'Yes'?"...ummmm.....
"But I just want that little spider to be safe! I do!"

So, yeah, I stink. Not only did I flush that little spider, I also LIED to my son about that spider being safe :( :(


----------------------------------------

Audrey and Norah are four months old tomorrow!!
They had shots and got weighed today. They are both meeting their milestones for a four month old, although they only need to be meeting milestones for their adjusted age (about 2 months). They smile, coo, bat at objects, hold their heads steady, bear weight on their legs... Ethan was sitting up the first week of his fourth month and crawling at the beginning of his sixth month, so it's hard to not feel like they are "behind", but the doctor thinks they are just perfect!

Audrey: 9 lbs, 12 oz (25%); 22.5 in (50%)
Norah: 10 lbs, 10 oz (45 %); 23 in (75 %)

Thank you, Lord, for our little miracles!!

3 comments:

kellbelle96 said...

Don't feel bad about lying to Ethan...as awful as it sounds, I'm sure it won't be the last time it happens! ;)

As for your girls, they truly are little miracles! And they definitely aren't "behind"...it sounds like Ethan was actually "ahead". So great to hear that they are doing so well. :):) Are they coming out to California with you for Lisa's wedding?...

Jenny said...

Awww that spider story warmed my heart!! Ethan is such a cute kid!!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

You did what you thought was best! What a cute kid. Every time I read these blogs I crack up. Such cute stories!