Monday, October 19, 2009

Do I feel more like a celebrity or a schmuck?

I guess it just depends on who is noticing the toy ..... ;)

How Sophie the giraffe became a status teether
--------------------

A mom ponders the appeal of the soft, adorable -- and pricey -- teething toy from France.

By Deborah Netburn

October 3 2009

The second I saw her I was smitten. She stood 7 inches high with big, coal-black eyes, a blush of hot pink on each cheek and a little mouth parted to reveal a cheerful smile. I loved the rich caramel color of her spots, the jaunty bend of her front knee, the way her long, thin neck fit so perfectly in Ryu's fat little hand. The texture of her body was soft like suede, and malleable enough for my friend's 6-month-old to elicit a low, seductive squeak with just the slightest bit of pressure. I was desperate to buy her. For my son.

The complete article can be viewed at:
http://www.latimes.com/features/home/la-hm-sophie3-2009oct03,0,2251259.story




1 comment:

kellbelle96 said...

I must admit that I have never heard of Sophie...guess I'm too far out of the "new mom" loop already. :) Sophie sure seems to make Audrey happy, though. Great picture! :)