Sunday, November 1, 2009

Color me Red (and Green)

Today was a beautiful Sunday, and in the spirit of Fall and the first day of November, I picked a brown suede skirt to wear (the skirt feels very "fally"). After church, we stopped by the ritzy outdoor shopping center to play near the fountains and enjoy the weather.

As we were walking back to our car, in the midst of the many other fall-day-enjoyers, I felt Ethan touching my back...and then he said, "Now everyone can see your underwear!!"

OH MY WORD, NO HE DIDN'T! He had giggled and unzipped my very fally skirt, revealing my backside to the shufflers behind us. As if that were not bad enough, it's not like I had chosen one of the many cute undergarments from my drawer this morning. No. I happened to be wearing the underwear your mom always warned you about wearing if you ever got into a car accident--unbecoming Loony Toons CHRISTMAS underwear. I heard people behind me laugh, probably because they saw Bugs Bunny popping out of a wreathe. I'm sure they got more of a show than they cared to see.

Anywho...as soon as I turned around to look at Ethan, I could see he felt bad. He had just gotten carried away in his silliness and crossed the line. We had "the talk".... but as soon as I stood up and looked Chris in the eye, we both had to stifle our laughter.... oh man, it was pretty funny....

4 comments:

Shannon said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ... I think I just wet myself! That's HILARIOUS! OMG. It's almost too outrageous to believe ... 'cept I know you wouldn't make something like that up! LOL.

I'll be in my best undergarments from now on!!!

Lizze said...

OK, I'm still laughing!!!!! I'll be throwing out my old crazy undies before Carter is old enough to do that!

myfriar said...

I'm still laughing, too! I came home and did an "instant replay" in the mirror---I still can't believe how LAME those undies look. Seriously lame! Bright red polkadots, green wreathes w/red bows, and loony tunes characters popping out of them. Worst underwear EVER!

Kara Clayton said...

That is so stinkin' funny! I'm just bracing myself for many things like that to come (with 4 boys, how will I prevent them?)! :-)