Friday, March 19, 2010

"They look Chinese"

That's what the little girl I was talking to told me about Audrey and Norah.
Maybe she meant, "They look like China dolls"? Maybe not.
When I told her they were part Japanese, her eyes lit up and she asked, "Ohhh, were you born in Japan?!"
She was 10, and in about 10 minutes, I got more of her life story than I think her mom (who was getting a haircut at the time) would have ever wanted her to share with a stranger. Anyway, she was a hoot.

Chris isn't a big fan of the tutu, but since he was gone today, we decided it was a perfect day for tutus :) :)

Here are the girls digging through my purse and keeping busy while Ethan is in his Hapkido lesson. And, yes, that is little Ms. Audrey all upright and proper....she's been an official-most-of-the-time walker this past week!

It was "Water Bottle" vs. "Tide Laundry Pen" between the two of them


And here's a little baby walking spammage for the family to gush over.


And now....really, really...I AM going to put away that laundry. Really.

4 comments:

Kami said...

They are so beautiful. It is amazing how much kids talk and talk and talk. Whe my step daughters start, there is no stopping them. It just goes to show, we need to be careful what we say around our kids. LOL

I think your "Chinese" babies are absolutely adorable.

Kami

Sarah said...

Love the pics! Those tutu outfits have lasted, that's for sure! :)

But, Michelle. Really. WHERE IS AUDREY'S BOW?!! You simply cannot have a ponytail *that cute* without some bling on top. And that's way more important than laundry.

myfriar said...

They already pulled them off ;0

kellbelle96 said...

They are absolutely adorable! Can't wait to see them again. :)