Friday, March 28, 2008

First Entry....

I've been tossing around this "blog" idea, and just can't see why anyone would actually read our daily adventures. However, at the prompting of a couple folks, I've decided to give it a try. In other words, here I go from being the "stalker" to the "stalkee" (or is that "stalked"?). Anyway....

Our garden is popping up :) We've got radishes, spinach, and lettuce popping up from the seeds we planted. The plants are doing well (artichoke, tomatoes, strawberries, onions, blueberries, & grapes). The bell peppers...we'll have to wait and see. They look a little wimpy. I love the way the garden boxes look after they are freshly watered. So fresh. I was reading a book today that we totally should have read before jumping in with both feet....talked about succession planting and organizing, and that would have been so much smarter than what we did---"Do we just poor ALL these seeds into rows?" We'll have about 75 radishes ready for harvest in about two months! oops. Succession planting would have been a nice idea. Next time, I guess.

Chris and I took Ethan to get B&R ice cream and then to the open gym and open swim at WinKids today. He had been asking to jump in the foam pit for several days now (at least since we took him to get registered for swim class last week). There is nothing like jumping into a foam pit as a family! Good times. Swim was so FUNNY though! He kept saying, "This is SO exciting!!" and, "I don't want to fall into that drain because then I would get lost FOREVER!". He picked out his "favorite noodle" and swam with that most of the hour. He also got brave enough to throw some rings down and go under water to pick them up. I'm glad he'll be getting lessons this summer to learn some skills. We plan on spending lots of time at the water park this summer!

Last big thing of the day....we finally decided to replace all our door handles in the house. Our front door handle looks so crummy, all the inside ones are pretty cheap, and the back bolt is broken (Chris loves to hear me trying to open and lock it at 5:30 every morning to let Ollie out to pee. It's a most wonderful morning sound). Anyway, after tons of debate and empty-handed trips to Home Depot and Lowes, we finally bit the bullet and bought them all. So, bummed out at all the money we spent, we brought them in. Then we backed out. Chris took them all back during Ethan's swim session. We realized that changing the handles would lead to changing the doors which would lead to repainting and that, of course, would lead to new floors and carpet. jeesh. Not like we're made of money.... sometimes we just like to pretend. Thank goodness for return policies :) Like how I just returned $80 worth of clothes today to Old Navy and Target. At least I got to parade them around my bathroom vanity for a couple days. Cute! Just not cute enough to keep...

So, we'll see if this blog thing lasts. It'll probably be like my Myspace obsession or my Getting Fit for the Summer obsession or Drink Healthy Veggie Shakes obsession...here today, gone tomorrow.

love: michelle

No comments: