Friday, April 18, 2008

Day O' Ethan

It wasn't intentional, but today ended up being pretty much all about Ethan....

We started this morning with plans to head up to Children's Place to get some shorts for summer. I told him where we were going, and he came back with, "I don't need new clothes! I like my clothes!" Unlike some kids, he's not all together particular about what he wears on any given day, so I let it go and didn't think he'd think twice about it. After Children's Place, we had plans to meet up with friends at Chick-fil-A to play.

On the way to the store, Ethan comes out of dead silence with this:

"Weeeellll....I am going to be a firefighter, and so I have to wear my firefighter jacket and THAT'S why I don't need new clothes. Now I can go to Chick-fil-A to play, OK Mommy?

A simple rebuttal about how he had to have some clothes to wear while he's NOT fighting fires was sufficient.

Here's how the Day o' Ethan looked:
Wake up, Sprinklers are on (that's a whole post in itself...)
New clothes
Play date with Jacob, Chick-fil-A for lunch
Intermission (fell asleep in the car on the way home)
Super cool wooden park with best buddy, Jace, for several hours
McDonald's dinner and play area with Jace
Shower and konk out.... Why am I so exhausted, too??

Here's one of the pair of shorts he got, which I think are so cute :)
camoindigo-151952

No comments: