Monday, April 7, 2008

Women's Retreat

I just saw a news report about how blogs can make people get stressed out and lose sleep because they feel the pressure to update them! I won't let that happen here :) It's been super busy the last few days, so I'll just post some pics from the Women's Retreat, and then later I'll try to get some pics up from Ethan's Spring Recital last night.

Here's our retreat. The theme was JOY. I could write forever about what I took away from it, but it really came down to two verses for me:

1. "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." Philippians 1:21
We did an exercise where we filled in the blanks: For me, to live is _____ and to die is _____. I realized that where I am right now, living for me is all about one particular issue, and in the end, it really is not going to matter what happens with that. This exercise changed my perspective, and I was able to move closer to letting it go.

2. "Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10. The literal translation is "Cease striving, and know that I am God." Sitting on the bathroom floor staring at another stark white negative pregnancy test, I heard God clearly speak these words to my heart. I've known this truth and have chosen not to listen to it, but with the way my heart was impacted from this weekend, I'm ready to lay it down and let it go. Life is too short and too precious to obsess about what may or may not happen.

Thank you to my mom for coming out and watching Ethan for me! He had a great time! Thank you, Papi, for coming, too...for a few hours ;) It was great to see you!



Quiet time on the dock.....ahhh, tranquility :)


The Shores of Pine Cove


Jennifer and Michelle getting ready for the Zip Line. Hearing Jennifer scream so loud, then laugh so hard, she cried = priceless.



Prayer cloth. Everyone traced their hand and wrote out what they would like prayer for. After you wrote yours, you placed a hand on someone else and prayed over them. Someone in the church is taking this home and will pray over each lady throughout the year.

1 comment:

Jonna Wilson said...

WOW! That looks like a great place to go on a retreat! Sounded like you had a rejuvenating time!