Saturday, May 3, 2008

First Ever Collins Family Run

This is quite astonishing for at least a few reasons:

1. While I enjoy exercising, running is my absolute least favorite form of exercise. It hurts my knees and, in my opinion, is boring.

2. Any form of exercise is Chris' least favorite form of exercise.

3. While Ethan enjoys running, his attention span is about as big as, well, a three-year-old's.

However, Chris and I had been at odds about how long it would take us to run a mile. I thought surely it would take more than 10 minutes. Chris thought surely it would take about 7 minutes tops (he was a near-professional runner in high school. OK, maybe not professional, but really good).

We decided to settle the debate today on the Guyer High School track, which, by the way, is REALLY NICE! Here are the results:

Chris: 8:51
Me: 9:06
Ethan: "A" for Effort....he looked so dang cute running that track. Not so cute screaming, "HEY! STOP!! MY LEGGIES ARE SO TIRED! STOOO-OOOP!!" I am SURE I could have gained at least ten seconds if I wasn't yelling back, "JUST TWO MORE LAPS! JUST SIT DOWN! WAIT FOR US RIGHT THERE!" All that yelling takes a lot of lung capacity!

I was pleasantly surprised at my result. Chris was a little disgusted with his, esp. since he was only about 15 seconds ahead of the "Spastic Runner". I'm hoping Chris will agree to a re-match. And by "re-match", I mean "weekly duel"... ... ... Not that I enjoy the running part, but I am proud of Chris for getting some exercise and so it's worth it to me.

2 comments:

Lizze said...

Wow, you are fast. I only get down to 9 minutes when I am running a lot. Maybe I should try the Phoebe running style!!!

myfriar said...

Thanks, Lizze. You SO should try the Phoebe style :)