Thursday, May 22, 2008

Godliness with contentment is great gain. 1 Tim 6:6

A common Ethan phrase is, "I wish we could have that!" Off the top of my head, his list includes, but certainly is not limited to:

A lawnmower

A weed whacker

A sun roof

A trampoline

A hose sprinkler that sways back and forth

A Starbucks espresso machine

A red car

A green car

An EXIT sign in our garage

A urinal

Dear Lord Jesus, please help me to have a heart of contentment and gratitude, that I would set an example for our son. Help me to teach Ethan that our sufficiency is in You, and that we are blessed beyond measure with what You have given us. Thank you for all You provide for us. Thank you for all You withhold from us. Help me to be aware of my attitude toward things that I want and the message it sends to Ethan.
Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
Hebrews 13:5


1 comment:

Lizze said...

This is such a hard thing to do in today's society. I am constantly having to stop myself from getting caught up in the WANT, WANT, WANT that is rampant in society. It takes a lot of prayer and making sure that I get more time in the Bible than watching ads on TV.