Friday, September 19, 2008

Imaginary Friend

I may have helped Ethan create his first imaginary friend (oh no!)....The other night, I was too tired to read him a story at bedtime (I was dreading The Little Engine that Could again), so I asked if I could tell him story instead.

Once upon a time.....

The only storyline I could think of at the moment was a teeny-tiny little character named Bobo the Clown who wanted to see the world from up high, so he enlisted the help of his friend Ethan to help him find and climb Daddy's big green ladder.

Ethan thought it was hilarious and "lifted" Bobo high in the air during our story.

The following day, I heard Ethan laughing on the couch. "What are you giggling about over there?"

"Oh nothing."

Then I heard him talk quietly.

"Mommy, you don't know why I'm talking so "fuietly", do you? I'm talking to Bobo! Ha, ha, ha, ha!!"

Oh my. Why couldn't I have made up a story about a super cool astronaut??

No comments: