Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Conviction and Confession

Two of our rules relevant to this post are 1. Potty talk is reserved for the bathroom only and 2. We shoot things, not people.

Ethan just came to me with a serious little face.

"Mom, sometimes I can't control my words."

"What did you say?"

"Well, I said something and I couldn't control my words."

"What did you say when you couldn't control your words?"

Sweet, serious face:
"Well, I was at school and I was shooting the walls (with an imaginary, invisible shooter from his hand) and I said 'poops'."

Somebody should have given me a hundred dollars for keeping a straight face.

1 comment:

Krista Nash said...

Michelle, this is just the cutest story ever! That he was so concerned about this tells of what a sweet and loving boy he is and of what a great family you guys have. I love checking into your blog. I will miss your entries when the little ones arrive, but I know how it goes being a parent of an infant as well as a toddler. No spare time! Also, I am sorry to hear of the struggle you've endured with trying to get pregnant. I can't say I can relate but I am sure that must have been some difficult times. How wonderful that you're being blessed with TWO babies.

Take care,
Krista (Kemp) Nash