Friday, June 12, 2009

Good Mommy Tip #23

When instituting the "Take A Toy Away" consequence, a good mommy always remembers where said toy is placed for safe keeping so that one week later, she doesn't feel like a total moron when she can no longer remember where it is.

This rule of thumb also applies to items of importance that are moved from one location to another so that they no longer become items of contention between parent and child, such as the emergency weather radio...because when everyone is hiding in the closet during a tornado warning, an emergency weather radio would be handy-dandy if the good mommy could just remember where she moved it.

Now, I'd like to get back to unpacking, but I owe myself the dignity of finding a couple lost items in our home.

3 comments:

Kami said...

That is hilarious!!! You are so funny! I would of blamed it on daddy!! LOL Hope you find those items!

Kami

kellbelle96 said...

Glad I'm not the only mommy who does silly things like that!

Love the new family picture. :)

It was great seeing you guys! You truly have been blessed with a beautiful, wonderful family. I loved watching Ethan dance the night away. And I could've snuggled both your girls for the entire night. So sweet.

Lizze said...

Thanks for the tips - I will file them away for the future. Welcome back to Texas!