Saturday, August 29, 2009

A&N 7 months


(Thanks, again, to SARAH, for this wonderful picture!)

Our precious miracles turned 7 months this week! Just before 7 months, our little peanut Audrey weighed 12.5 lbs and our little pumpkin Norah weighed 13.14 lbs.

I still have moments where I just laugh out loud in joy because the reality hits me---"God gave us twin girls! Twin Girls!!!" It's still sometimes too wonderful for me to comprehend. Some people know, I've prayed for twin girls since I was a little girl. It has been a desire of my heart for as long as I can remember. To think that God CARES. He cares about those desires. He puts them in our hearts and HE CARES enough to fulfill them in His time.

I've been reflecting on a couple verses over the past few days regarding our family and how God has been ever present along our journey. In the darkest valleys, when I could only grasp at hope in desperation, He was there. His plans are perfect, and He perfects that which concerns me.

"Delight yourself in the LORD, and He shall give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning...You have turned for me my mourning into dancing." Psalm 30: 5, 11

He has given us "beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified." Isaiah 61:3

Jesus, thank you for entrusting us with three amazing children. Give us the wisdom to raise them to know you and bring You the maximum glory. Thank you for being perfect in all you do!



I couldn't capture the full moment (my camera really does stink!), but Ethan was tickling Audrey with a long, bendy pole, and she was cracking up.
Our lil' Chub-a-nub is cute as a button!



I love that our girls can sit and play with toys...how fun!
(they still need someone nearby to intercept those wobbles!)

This is the end of a very, very long day. I often think, "If I love my children SO much, how is it that I love them EVEN MORE when they are sleeping peacefully??"


My sweet Audrey girl. I love to hear my babies breathe when they are fast asleep.

I was trying to take a couple pictures of the girls at the zoo, but my camera battery died after only three shots. This is as good as it gets ;)



OK...that laundry pile is seriously calling my name...I'll do my best to do an Ethan post tomorrow!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a sweet post. :) I love those girlies - and their mama! :)