Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Fourth of July!

So far...what a FUN 4th!!! Ethan had a buddy spend the night last night and they stayed up laaaaaate giggling in their room, so I thought for sure today's plans would be a bust. I was wrong!

The boys were up and ready by 9:00 this morning, but then Thatcher had to leave before 11:00. We usually attend our local Fourth of July celebration in the evening, but to fill in the day and to keep Ethan busy, I decided to go during the afternoon this year.

We were out the door by noon and I was so surprised at the low crowds at the city celebration. In years past, we have parked far away in a field and fought crowds to get through booths. This year, we parked up close in the parking lot and spent all day talking to different families, visiting booths, and playing in the KidZone with bounce houses and water slides. Today is overcast and cool, so the weather was PERFECT! No crowds, lots of free samples, free watermelon, pickles, water, plus a few other treats. I only expected to be out for about two hours, then home to put the babies down for a nap, but with the ideal conditions and happy kids, we ended up staying until 4:00.

We've just gotten home and the girls are down for naps. I'm trying to decide if it will be worth it to get everyone fed and bathed and head back out for the fireworks show at 9:15 tonight. I'm not sure I'm up to braving it alone, but we're hoping to meet our friends up there, too...so I'm up in the air...

A nice guy took a couple pictures of us on the bounce house and emailed them to Chris for me:

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Sounds like so much fun! (And who doesn't love free samples and food! Mmmm.)

Our parade was last night, but we're debating about taking the kids to see the fireworks ... except they don't start until 10:00! Ugh. :/ Last year the kids HATED fireworks (such a fiasco), but we're hoping they'll enjoy them this year.

This could go terribly wrong ... ha.