Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 90 Pics on about Day 120

I had every good intention of posting all 30, 60, and 90 day P90X picture results because it really annoyed me when I went searching for Before/After pics for the program and everyone slacked off on their progress pics! So, although not at all pretty and totally late, here are a few of the highlights.

We both definitely grew in strength, stamina, and flexibility. During the first week, Yoga and Plyometrics (cardio) were pretty intense, but somewhere along the middle, they become one of our favorites (except Chris didn't love the yoga, but he was waaay more flexible than at the beginning).

The most obvious improvements for us came in the way of pull-ups. Pull-ups are part of three different workouts during the week (Back & Biceps, Legs & Back, and Chest & Back). For example, in Legs and Back, you alternate leg exercises with four different types of pull-ups (two rounds of each). During week one, I did 4 total pull-ups (2 Reverse Grip Chin-ups and 1 + 1 Closed Grip Overhand Pull-up). I could not do any Wide-front pull-ups or Switch Grip Pull-ups without pushing up on a chair. In the same way, Chris was able to do 8 total pull-ups during week one (also a combination of 4 different pull-ups, two rounds each).

During week 12, our last week of training, I was able to do 52 unassisted pull-ups in a one-hour workout and Chris was able to do 51. From FOUR to FIFTY-TWO and from EIGHT to FIFTY-ONE. That's some proof that we both DID get so much stronger!

We finished up about a month ago, but when we ended, we had no definite plan of what we wanted to do next...Continue with the same program? Try something a little different (I really want to try Insanity; Chris does not)? Order some of (cute) Tony Horton's One-on-One workouts? We couldn't decide or come to an agreement, so we're big slackers again. I have big plans for next week, after I can bend my elbow again...I'm totally back on the workout bus, for sure!!!!

All in all, P90X is an EXCELLENT program. It seemed intimidating at first, but I am convinced anyone can do it. Tony Horton keeps it fun and challenging, and the workouts are interesting and diverse. Chris has become the unofficial spokesperson for the program at work and has handed out his DVD's a few times for pilots to try on their overnights. I'm so proud of him and how far he's come!!
CHRIS, DAY 90
-------------------------------
Day 1, Day 30
Photobucket

Day 90
----------------------

Day 1, Day 30
Photobucket

Day 90

MICHELLE
Day 1, Day 30
Photobucket


Day 90
How's them abs for a mom of three?! Best part of doing P90X!

And as for that Man-Back.........

I was SO self-conscious of my gargantuan back, so I had Chris take a pic of me in regular clothes flexed....

...and then "normal"....ahhhh...My muscles don't bulge when I'm just being regular :) :)

So there you have it. If you've ever watched the infomercial and thought you might be interested in trying it, DO IT. Just give it a try. Chris and I both think it's well-worth the effort and beats a gym membership any day of the week, for sure!!!

5 comments:

kellbelle96 said...

Wow! Absolutely amazing!!! I had been debating getting the program, thinking I would struggle too much with the workouts or not be able to find the time. But once you had posted your day 30 pics and I saw your results, I knew if YOU could find the time with TWO 1 year olds at home, then I could definitely find the time too. I am currently in my 5th week, and am actually really enjoying the workouts (except the yoga one...I'm with Chris on that one!!) I still can't do a pull-up yet, but am definitely making progress.
Thanks for the inspiration! And congrats to you and Chris for sticking with it and getting incredible results!! :)

Lizze said...

Wow! I am super impressed. Jared and I are planning on doing P90X when he is able to exercise again - can we steal yours? I so need to lose the last of the baby weight now that Carter is almost 14 months old!

BlessedMommy said...

Wow!!! Thank you so much for sharing those pictures! I've always wanted P90x, but have never actually purchased it... Definately something I'll look into after Mason gets here!

Shannon said...

Super Duper Impressive! You guys make a great commercial for that program, that's for sure! Looking GOOOOOD! :)

Anonymous said...

You are amazing Michelle & Chris....Scott did the p90x series and there was a huge difference in his apperance as well, I don't think he will let me post them though. I wish I could get motivated to work out. I don't think I have ever seen your abs look so amazing, even back in our prime at UCI. Good job Guys!