Thursday, September 3, 2009

Another couple of reasons he makes me smile...


On Sunday morning, I had put on a worship CD while we were getting ready. The hymn, "Fairest Lord Jesus" was on and Ethan comes walking into my bathroom where I was doing my hair. He says, "And I'm crying." I looked down at him, and he was kind of smiling. I said, "Why are you crying?" He says, "This song is so 'bootiful'" and then does the cutest nose-crinkling *sniff* I've ever seen and walks away. Awww.

Every morning I hold him and pray for him before we start our day. This morning, Chris was taking him to school, so as I grabbed him and sat with him, I said something along the lines of, "Come here, my handsome boy. I'm so proud of you!" He says, "Will you still be proud of me when I'm 5?" "Of course!" "OK, so you still have to pray with me when I'm 5. And when I'm 6. And when I'm 10." My precious....I will pray with him until he's 100!

And one of the silly things he's been doing lately is "speaking" for Audrey and Norah. The babies and I could be near or far from him, it doesn't matter...he will still answer for them. For example, I might ask the girls, "Are you sleepy? You wanna take a nap?" and from across the room comes this squeaky, high-pitched voice, "No, we don't wanna take a nap. We want to plaaaay!" Or, "Are you hungry? Are you ready to eat?" and that squeaky voice says, "Yes, we want some milk! Feed me!"

2 comments:

Shannon said...

First of all, that picture is now on my "Favorite Things" list - it's priceless. Brilliant photographer to think of doing that shot.

Secondly, Ethan is freakin' cute ... and hilarious ... and soooo sweet! SQUISH!

kellbelle96 said...

He is so cute!! :) Cherish him, he will grow so quickly!