Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A taste of my own (spilled) medicine

I'm always after Ethan to sit in this exact chair correctly so that he doesn't fall out of it. The times he has fallen, I sigh with exasperation as his fork and noodles or whatever fly about--"Seee, that is why we sit correctly...*nods head and adds additional exasperated sigh as we grab the towel to clean the mess*"

Today, I was holding Audrey AND my very special, very needed Starbucks coffee. I was trying to pull a bit closer to the computer to watch Ethan master Level 7 of G-Force, when out of the blue (I still don't know what the heck happened), me, Audrey, my coffee, and that awful chair are splattered on the floor. I felt the jolt travel from my bum, up my back, through my shoulders, onto my teeth, and out the top of my head. YOWCH!! Luckily, Audrey landed on my lap and cried for just a second from the startle, but I'm still super owwies :(

I guess it's a lesson in compassion and humility...??

Oh, and to add insult to injury, guess how long it had been since I washed the floor? All of about 3 hours. Double boo.

Here's the mess with Sadie, the ever present one-dog clean-up crew.

4 comments:

Lizze said...

Oh, that's just sad. That reminds me of when Jared was out of town and I stopped at Starbucks on the way to church - I wanted it soooo bad. I had all of one sip, set it on the floor to try and adjust Carter, then when I went to pick it up, the lid came off and spilled all over the sanctuary floor! So, I had to run out during worship and get paper towels. So, I feel your pain!

Cara said...

I met your dad, Phil, at the gym and was so excited for the twins' birth! He gave me your blog and I printed pictures for him and now check your blog once in a while. My name is Cara, I am an identical twin, I am a Christian as well (it's so encouraging to read your blog!!) and I am a mom to a 4 year old son (Ethan) and a 3 year old son (Austin). Your dad told me I should introduce myself so here I am! He is a really neat guy and your family is beautiful (it seems inside and out)! My blog is www.bryancarahill.blogspot.com.

Kami said...

Oh man, I am so glad you two are ok. As soon as I saw the picture though, I almost pee'd myself because of your dog. I can imagine her running around all strung out on caffiene after that! Too funny!

Kami

Shannon said...

That. Totally. Stinks.

(But it did give me a chuckle, b/c I have those SAAAAMMMME repetitive conversations w/ Brenna and Connor ... and this would TOTALLY happen to me. Totally.)

I do hope you didn't mess up your back, though ... that sounded terribly painful. Ugh.