Thursday, February 11, 2010

Like, one of the funnest days, EVER!

Can y'all believe how much it snowed today! It was snowing when we woke up, and it hasn't let up once all day. Too much fun; totally worth the extra work of bundling and washing all the play clothes!

Snow ball fights with a giggling, screaming, running 5-year-old are great exercise for the body and the soul!

This little guy had a ball rolling around in the snow. I lost track of time, but I'm guessing we got a good hour of snow play in before school, and more than an hour in after school.

Audrey and Norah got a little bored with the show at one point.
A Baby Mum-mum cracker bought us a bit more time!

Those crackers have been my life-saver in more than a few situations.

Happy to watch more of the E-man's shenanigans.

This is so silly, but Chris taught me something today:
You know how in cartoons, they roll snow into balls? I learned that you can really ROLL snow into actual BALLS! It was so exciting to see all the snow gather onto my rolling snow ball! Ha,ha....I really thought that only happened in cartoons. I was so impressed, I had to roll an even bigger snow ball later this afternoon.


I can't wait to see our snow man smiling back at us through our window tomorrow morning.
(and that's my bigger "ball" on the bottom. I haven't quite perfected the round part of rolling a snow ball. And did you know it is HARD to roll a big ball around?!)
I decided Snow Ethan is one of my favorite looks on our son. He's so sweet, he takes my breath away.

And, of course, all this fresh white powder reminds me of our gracious Heavenly Father, who freely forgives our sins:
"Come now, and let us reason together," says the LORD, "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are are red like crimson, they shall be as wool. If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land." Isaiah 1:18-19

Blessings!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Okay, now I don't feel as dumb ... I JUST discovered the whole "snow ball rolling" thing on Saturday!!! LOL. I was packing the snow by hand for our snowman when I suddenly decided to try rolling it. I nearly fell over seeing how it rolled right up! LOL. I, too, thought this was only for books and cartoons!

I left that detail off my blog when I wrote about our snow, though, for fear that the ENTIRE world knew this but me. Why I think I have any pride left to even protect after all I write on my blog is beyond me ... but I'm glad you fessed up so that I don't feel so (or should I say "snow") ignorant!

And I agree, "Snow Ethan" is ADORABLE. There really is something magical about how kids look in the snow. Weird, but true.

Looks like fun!

Lizze said...

Have to agree - snow Ethan is to cute! And love the verse. Gives the snow another level of beauty.