Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

Today we celebrate the precious and amazing act of love that Jesus displayed when He died on the cross to heal the whole world of our sins. I can't tell it better than Ethan's storybook Bible...I want to share this Love story, but I will only leave it up through the weekend, as it is copyrighted.

"For God loved the world so much that He gave His only Son, that whoever would believe in Him would not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

"For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him." Romans 5:6-9

One of the most touching yet simple versions of the true story of Easter can be found here....


It pains me to remove the stories from this blog....what if someone stumbles onto this blog and reads about Jesus' great love for them for the first time ever?!

Anyway.... I don't want to break copyright laws, so here I go....delete, delete, delete.....









I can hardly contain my tears to read of His love ("Mom, are you crying AGAIN?!")....
This weekend, we call to remembrance the work of Christ on the cross.

But, boy, I cannot wait for this Resurrection Sunday to celebrate His conquering of death and sin, when we proclaim, "HE IS RISEN! HE IS RISEN INDEED!!" HALLELUJAH!

1 comment:

Lizze said...

You aren't alone in your tears. Carter just isn't old enough to comment. Thanks for sharing this version of the story - I just finished reading it in the Bible, but this is even more poignant for some reason. Sunday is Coming - Thank you, God! (Oh and my verification word is rests - Peace comes to the one who rests in God's grace, love and mercy!)