Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Audrey's New "Toy"



Our girl got a new set-up today! Here she is in her "Res-Q Wedge and sling" and big girl crib. The hope is that the wedge will decrease her reflux, thereby doing away with the apnea episodes.

Today Audrey weighed 5 lbs, 10 oz and Norah weighed 5 lbs, 15 oz (but they were on two different scales). Audrey is still chunkier than Norah, but Norah's noggin is bigger!

The Lord answered a specific prayer this week---Both the doctors AGREE that Audrey is not ready to come home. It's not the news we'd like to hear, but at least the doctors are on the same page. Audrey's reflux had gotten worse over the past week, so when the second doctor came in to review her charts, he concurred that she is safer to stay in the hospital until her issue is better resolved.

She has been doing better the last couple days. It could be that she is simply getting bigger and outgrowing the apnea, or it could be one of the many things they are trying out on her, which include inclining her, thickened formula, breastfeeding, and smaller volume at feedings.

Everything else is pretty normal on the home front. Chris went to work this week (lucky guy got a break from all this 'adventure'). Ethan was a gem. A NICU nurse came and watched Norah at home so I could visit with Audrey at the hospital (what a blessing!!). Another nurse offered to watch Norah on Thursday so Chris and I could go visit Audrey together; we haven't been able to do so since Norah came home over a week ago. I miss Chris and can't wait for him to get home...not just to do poop duty (my GOSH, Norah goes a lot. No, I mean A LOT. More than normal, I think), but more for his company. Plus, he keeps me level headed when I have a basketcase moment about Audrey being in the hospital.

Auntie Lisa came for a visit this weekend. She's the best aunt ever. Ethan and the girls are blessed to have her in their life.

This is such a long rambly post. Seriuosly, my brain feels like goo. I made a pot of coffee, but haven't gotten the chance to enjoy a pick-me-up yet. Maybe I should turn off the computer now.

1 comment:

Jonna Wilson said...

Great pictures! I just caught up on reading blogs today! I'm glad you are feeling the prayers and feeling good considering the circumstances!