Thursday, February 19, 2009

Still no Audrey :(

She's having some reflux issues, which cause her to stop breathing...maybe one or two times a day now (she comes out of it quickly, but sometimes needs a back rub to get started again). They started her on rice cereal mixed with breast milk, and by the end of the week they will try a different thickener for the milk, in hopes that a thicker mix will stay down in her tummy better. From what we can understand, she's back on a "5 day watch"--in which she has to go 5 days without a breathing episode. There was some talk of sending her home on a monitor, but if it goes off during the middle of the night, we are supposed to take her to the emergency room. That sounds convenient. Anyway. She is 37 weeks gestation now, and hopefully she will grow out of this by 38 or 39 weeks :( That sounds like such a long time from now (I know in the whole scheme of time, it's not very long). I'm having a hard time feeling like a good mom when I'm torn between my daughter at the hospital and my kids at home. So, keep praying! :)

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh Michelle. Man, I can't even begin to imagine how difficult this all is for you guys. Feeling torn between home and the hospital has to be terrible. However, NEVER DOUBT that you are a WOONNNNNDERFUL mommy!! You have some BLESSED kids! And in your absence, your little Audrey has wonderful people to care for her at the hospital ... but best of all, God snuggles her close. I know she feels His love as well as yours.

God bless you guys!!

Kami said...

Always praying for your family honey! Good luck!

Kami

Sarah said...

oh man. I'm sorry Michelle.

Have they considered allergies at all? Lots of times it looks like reflux. Zac's milk allergy was very evident by 4 weeks (and the dr totally thought it was reflux). Just a thought. It was like night and day when I went dairy free.

Still praying for you guys. (((HUGS)))

Do you still want the air mattress?

kellbelle96 said...

Please do not let yourself feel like you're not being a good mom...you're praying for Audrey everyday, and asking others to do the same...how much better does it get than that? I'm sure it is incredibly tough, but know that this is God's plan and it will all work out for the best. :)

Erin Lemish said...

Where's your since of adventure - Ethan would LOVE a trip the the ER in the middle of the night with his new sisters and frantic parents! :)

I'm praying for you - you're amazing! I can't wait to meet your little sweethearts!

Morgan is pretty impressed that Ethan has 2 new sisters - I hope she's not too dissapointed that she's only getting one! :)

myfriar said...

Erin, ha,ha!!

Thanks for all the encouragement, friends :) I needed that pick me up...

Here's one more day for the Lord to reveal Himself to us in beautiful ways.

love: michelle

Alli said...

You are a GREAT mom! Still praying for you!

kellbelle96 said...

Just wanted to wish Norah and Audrey a happy 1 month birthday! :)