Wednesday, February 25, 2009

More Answered Prayers

For those of you praying for me to feel encouraged and strengthened, I want you to know that TODAY, I feel it. Yesterday morning was a rough one for me, but after crying, praying, venting, and resting, I feel like a burden has been lifted from my shoulders. Getting ready for bed tonight, I realized that Audrey is at 38 weeks gestation today. Dr. M said our goal date for getting her out would be on or before her March 10th due date...that's only two more weeks. Yesterday, that felt like an eternity. Right now, I realized we have already gone 4 weeks in the NICU. Each individual day might have seemed long, but looking back on the whole, it's gone by quickly. Having already "accomplished" 4+ weeks, I'm almost excited that there's (most likely) only two more weeks to go! What a shift in perspective---from dread to excitement! Praise the Lord. Thank you, brothers and sisters, who have shared this burden with us and lifted our family in prayer. I can't imagine going through this without the strength that only HE can give!! And please know, that we also pray for you and give thanks to God for how you've helped us.

"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy" Philippians 1:3-4

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." II Corinthians 1:3-4

5 comments:

elkinr said...

Hi Chris & Michelle:

My name is Robynne Elkin and I am the co-inventor of the RES-Q Infant Wedge. I am so thrilled that Audrey was able to come home and is thriving on the wedge! It makes me happy to know that your family is back together again. I know Ethan must be excited to have his sisters home. I wish you luck with Audrey's reflux. If you have any questions about the wedge, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Robynne Elkin, MOT, OTR/L, CKT
resqwedge@gmail.com

elkinr said...

Eeeek...just realized Audrey is not home yet but Norah is. Audrey WILL be home soon. I am confident of that :)

Robynne

myfriar said...

Thank you, Robynne! Great to hear from you!

Audrey's still doing well...she seems to really love her wedge!

michelle

elkinr said...

I am frequently presenting in-services to NICU's about the RES-Q Wedge. Would you mind if I use Audrey's adorable picture in my Power Point presentations and possibly in the RES-Q Infant Wedge Web site? She is a beautiful baby :)

Sincerely,
Robynne

elkinr said...

Hi Michelle:

Would you mind if I used Audrey's picture in a Power Point presentation that I use for NICU's nationally? With your permission, I would also like to use her picture on our RES-Q Wedge Web site if you do not mind. She is a beautiful baby. I would like to make her a baby star...lol!

Sincerely,

Robynne Elkin